Online Privacy Protection Act
Kate does not intentionally gather Personal Information from visitors who are under the age of 13.
Types of Data Kate Collect
Kate may collect “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information.” Non-Personal Information includes information that cannot be used to personally identify you, such as anonymous usage data, general demographic information she may collect, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks. “Personal Information” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, email address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
Information You Provide to Kate
- Kate may collect Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, email and mailing address, phone number and password when you create an account to log in to her network (“Account”).
- When you subscribe to the Services on Kate’s Site, her payment processor will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and direct deposit information.
- She retains information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide her feedback or contact her via email, she will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of her surveys, she may collect additional information that you knowingly provide.
- When you post messages on the Services or on a Social Media Site (“SMS”) where she has a page or presence (collectively “SMS Pages”), the information contained in your posting may be republished on Kate’s Site and other users may be able to see them.
Information Collected via Technology
- In an effort to improve the quality of the Service, she may track information provided to her by your browser or by her software application when you view or use the Service, such as the website you came from (known as the “referring URL”), the type of browser you use, the device from which you connected to the Service, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. She tracks this information using cookies, or small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a user’s browser from her servers and are stored on the user’s computer hard drive. Sending a cookie to a user’s browser enables Kate to collect Non-Personal information about that user and keep a record of the user’s preferences when utilizing her services, both on an individual and aggregate basis.
Use of Your Personal Information
In general, Personal Information you submit to Kate is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid her in serving you better. Kate uses your Personal Information in the following ways:
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on her network;
- identify you as a user in her system;
- provide improved administration of her Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with her Services;
- send you a welcome email to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative email notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to her Services and for other marketing purposes including those of third parties; and
- perform marketing or data analysis.
Use of Non-Personal Information
If Kate’s information practices change at any time in the future, she will post the policy changes to the Site so that you may opt out of the new information practices. Kate suggests that you check the Site periodically if you are concerned about how your information is used.
Kate may make use of location-based data for her website to connect you with other users near you that can either offer or are in need of Services. If you choose not to allow her to access your location, some or all functionality may not be available to you.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Third Party Service Providers. Kate may share your Personal Information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that she offers you through her Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to perform marketing; to run data analysis; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Kate.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Your Rights Regarding the Use of Your Personal Information
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). Those rights include the following:
- Kate will retain any information you choose to provide to her until one of the following happens: (a) you ask her to delete the information, (b) she decides to cease using her existing data providers, or (c) she decides that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
• You have the right to request access to your data that she stores and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
• You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
• You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
• To the extent that you provided consent to Kate processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
• You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the GDPR.
• Kate requires only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. She will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with her.
Security of Your Personal Information
Kate implements security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and she urges you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. She further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. While she uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information, she cannot guarantee its absolute security. By using Kate’s Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.